Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Remembering A Legend . . . .

The world lost an amazing, brilliant, innovative risk taker on Wednesday, October 5 when Steve Jobs passed.  His creative genius made a difference in the lives of millions. Who would have thought two kids putterin' around in a garage would change the world?

I've never met Steve Jobs or his Apple co-founder Steve Wozniack but they both became part of  "my" story. In my early 30's I happened upon computers and purchased my first Apple ][ Plus. What an exhilarating, heady time that was. To my delight, I discovered "I got it" when it came to these personal computers. I embraced the technology, first learning the hardware, then the software. What fun the early years were. A friend used to tell me "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King." How true!

Over the years folks like Jobs, Woz, Gates, Ellison, Bushnell, McNealy (the list is so long) were followed, quoted and talked about by those of us in the industry. We really didn't know them but we all knew their stories. They became part of our story, they were the guys in the forefront whose innovations were something to understand and master. We weren't the innovators but we were touched by them, we felt a kinship with them. Their creations became part of our world and a whole new industry was created for us to support. We needed their genius and they needed our ability to evangilize their inventions.

October 5, 2011 marks the passing of Steve Jobs.  For many of us, a world without Steve Jobs will be a little less bright, a little less creative, simply a little less. I'm sad he's gone. Good bye Steve. God Speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment